Family Law Case Histories
- Father sought custody of his two young children who had been in the custody of the mother since birth. Although the children were doing well, the mother intentionally caused problems with the Father’s parenting time. After a trial, the Father was awarded custody of both children based upon the fact that the Mother intentionally tried to alienate the children from their Father. The Mother was ordered to pay child support to the Father.
- Mother granted custody of two children after discovery of physical abuse by the Father in another state during regular holiday visitation. The same Mother granted custody of her other child from another relationship after disputed custody case where the other Father originally had custody of the child.
- Father granted custody of two children after discovery of mental abuse and neglect by Mother and Step-Father. Father had been the subject of numerous frivolous Orders of Protections by the Mother.
- Mother awarded sole custody of children after trial along with child support, maintenance and additional support for adult child with disabilities as well as Husband being responsible for half of her student loans payments in the future.
- Father, who had been found in contempt of court for failing to pay child support prior to being represented by Ned C. Khan, was found not in contempt of court and his child support arrearage was reduced from $44,000.00 to $11,000.00 after numerous court hearings.
- Father’s child support obligation and child support arrearage was wiped out completely after discovery that he was not the Father of child, even though he had been paying child support for the child for over five years.
- Mother received extensive out of state visitation with her child after not seeing the child for over 13 years.
- Numerous Uncontested Divorce cases completed fully in 30 days or less.
DUI Case Histories
1. FACTS: Driver involved in two car accident, charged with improper turn, failure to yield, DUI, and leaving the scene of an accident. Driver’s license suspended for causing severe personal injury/death.
RESULT: Suspension rescinded at hearing, driver found NOT GUILTY at trial.
2. FACTS: Driver arrested twice for two separate DUI’s in one year.
RESULT: Both DUI’s and all charges dismissed without a trial.
3. FACTS: Driver, who was an attorney, charged with DUI on two separate occasions. Driver failed all field sobriety tests.
RESULT: Both cases dismissed without a trial.
4. FACTS: Driver involved in a one car accident where he struck a tree with his vehicle. Arrested for DUI and leaving the scene of an accident.
RESULT: Found NOT GUILTY of all charges at trial.
Criminal Case Histories
1. FACTS: Client accused of molesting 9 year old step-daughter, charged with Predatory Criminal Sexual Assault, a non-probational felony with a minimum sentence of 6 years in prison and a maximum of 30 years.
RESULTS: Client found NOT GUILTY after Jury Trial.
2. FACTS: Client arrested for Armed Robbery of a currency exchange. Client confessed to police that he committed the crime.
RESULTS: Charges dismissed, after court determined no probable cause to arrest.
3. FACTS: Client accused of sexually assaulting and beating his wife in a hospital as well as kicking a police officer in the face
RESULTS: Client found NOT GUILTY after a jury trial.
4. FACTS: Client accused of sexually molesting a 15 year old girl, client admitted to the molestation and to knowing that the girl was underage at the time.
RESULTS: Client found NOT GUILTY after a jury trial.
5. FACTS: Client arrested for Residential Burglary, a non-probational offense, with a minimum 4 year sentence.
RESULTS: Charges reduced, client received court diversion program, no conviction on his record. Two years later the entire arrest was expunged from the client’s record.
6. FACTS: Client charged with Unlawful Possession of a Controlled Substance after a police officer said client threw drugs out his window at a traffic stop.
RESULTS: Not guilty after bench trial, Judge stated she did not believe Chicago Police Officer’s testimony.
7. FACTS: Client charged with Unlawful Possession of a Controlled Substance after cocaine was found in client’s pocket.
RESULTS: All charges dismissed after court finds no probable cause for arrest.
8. FACTS: Client charged with Aggravated DUI, his fourth offense, a class 2 non-probational felony with a minimum sentence of 3 years in prison and maximum of 7 years.
RESULTS: Charges reduced. Client received probation.
9. FACTS: Client charged with Aggravated Battery with a Dangerous Weapon after striking boyfriend in the head several times with a baseball bat.
RESULTS: Case dismissed at trial.
Personal Injury Case Histories
The Law Offices of Ned C. Khan no longer criminal law more closely
- 55 year old woman awarded $100,000.00 after stepping in pot hole in movie theater parking lot.
- 25 year old man awarded $125,000.00 after slipping on spilled beverage in McDonald’s restaurant and injuring his back.
- 52 year old man awarded $120,000.00 after sustaining injuries in rear end car collision that aggravated a pre-existing back condition.
- 7 year old boy awarded $120,000.00 after being burned in a bath because a relative improperly installed a water heater in the home.
- 50 year old man awarded $145,000.00 after slight rear end collision that aggravated a pre-existing back condition.
- 45 year old man awarded $20,000.00 from another driver’s auto insurance after injuring knee in car accident and another $50,000.00 from his own insurance company due to his under-insured motorist coverage.